Wuzz Up Peeepz!

kia ora koutou katoa...kaua e wareware me tuhia o koutou korero whakaaro i runga i toku BLOGGER..!

Gidday...dont forget to write your comments/thoughts in please..

Followers

Friday 15 April 2011

Ko wai te kai ringawera? who's the cook here?

 Notice/Evidence:

"We make our drinks hot, Whaea Faith?"  J asked.  "Ae, we can make 'inu wera', hot drinks J?" How are we going to make 'inu wera' hot drinks J?" "Put it in the microwave to heat it up" J replied. J opens up the door of the oven and puts in the cups.  "whaea Faith can you get the plates over there?"  "Ae, maku hei tiki nga mea taputapu, I will get the plates" I replied.  "we going have cups of tea aye whaea Faith?" "Ae, yes we have cups of tea J" I replied smiling.  Obseerving J's interactions today , showed that J was participating in alot of solidatry play and not interacting with other children.
                                                      

Recognise/Critique

Ministry of Education (1996) states that "Children should experience an enivronment where thier play is valued and meaningful learning and the importance of spontaneous play is recognised" p.84.  Sometimes as educators we are to support children's play and interact where the child allows, instead of always being teacher directed.  Allowing a child to express themselves and direct their play can enhance their creativity.


Respond/Action

As an educator I will allow J to be more expressive when it comes to free play in the centre.  I will provide more opportunites where J can be more pro active in social interaction as well as helping develop J's social skills and abilities as well as interacting with other children.  I collaboratively discuss with whanau and teachers to see if my observations are some what correct and see where to go next. 

references:

Ministry Ministry of Education. (1996). Te Whāriki: He Whāriki mātaurangi mō ngā mōkopuna o Aotearoa.  Wellington: Learning Media.

3 comments:

  1. It was nice to see you were interacting with J in teo Maori, which was very needed in ECE settings. Great stuff. I have noticed a few small proof reading mistakes there. "their" instead of "thier" etc.
    And maybe you need to check the right way to reference Te whariki?
    Obviously as we could see that this learning experience is very meaningful for J. I'm just thinking that maybe you can highlight more in the action part about the importance of technology as this paper is trying to let us recognize the technology in children's playing? just a suggestion.Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw! I love the way you incorporate Te Reo Maori into your practise. I agree with Vanilla's comment that Te Reo Maori needs to be praticed in all ECE settings. I know for a fact that their are educators that emphasis and stress the importance of Te Reo Maori but their are also other educators that just learn it for the sake of studying and becoming qualified ECE educator, then once they are qualified they do not use the reo anymore. I believe that you were able to provide J with the support in extending his play by having you their avaliable to interact. I think this is very important that children enjoy solidtary play when they need that time to themselves. I could see in your reflection how you provided J with the time and opportunity for himself to explore in that particular learning space.
    Reading this relfection allowed me personally to see the different areas that J was able to gain knowledge from. It also made me realise how much children can gain out of a learning experience. Kia Ora Faith, Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora korua,

    I totally agree about learning Te Reo Maori, I am very passionate about it when I am with the tamariki and speak it quite often. As for my proof reading and referencing I am still trying to master..... thats a work in progress lol!

    Thanks for your korero much appreciated:-)

    ReplyDelete